Tar Sands Blockade is a grassroots campaign funded almost entirely by the generosity of individual donors. Every dollar of your contribution goes directly into stopping tar sands and Keystone XL with dedicated on-the-ground organizers. The robust coalition we are building will mean everything for keeping tar sands out of the Gulf and in the ground.
Your funds are critical to the success of our campaign by providing:
- Support for a collective of mostly youth organizers working out of their homes and communities
- Materials to spread knowledge and the tools for action far and wide
- Gas for volunteers to travel to meetings, events, and block-walking
- Our ability to support indigenous allies resisting tar sands when called upon
- Essential supplies like food, cooking utensils, water containers, and tents
- Legal expenses incurred during our actions for those unable to pay them
Thank you for considering a generous donation today. Even an amount as small as $10 goes a long way. We greatly appreciate your support!
Donation by Check
If you wish to send us checks, please make them out to Tar Sands Blockade and send them to the address below.
Tar Sands Blockade
PO Box 630826
Nacogdoches, TX 75963
We can also accept in-kind donations of leftover or gently-used items. Below is a list of some things that would be really handy right now. Most items can be sent to our PO Box (above); for especially large, valuable, or otherwise complicated donations, please get in touch with us first: kxlblockade [at] riseup [dot] net
- Cell phones – minutes, prepaid phones
- Filing cabinets & shelves
- Folding tables & chairs
- High-speed internet service
- Office supplies
- Printer ink
- Vehicles – cars, trucks, dirt bikes (seriously, if you can do this, hit us up!)