Our current success is only possible with your ongoing support and the participation of folks who attended our last direct action camp in late July. So we’re hosting another training this coming weekend!
Sign up for our Direct Action Training Camp this coming weekend, October 12-14th.
We’re excited to build on our current momentum and help empower more people with the skills to take action. At the training camp you’ll meet other passionate blockade volunteers, learn essential grassroots organizing and technical blockade skills, and get the experience you need to defend your home from toxic tar sands.
The training will be held just east of Dallas and will be followed by a large public event on October 15th. Arrival and registration will be the evening of Thursday, October 11th. Come ready to camp out and be prepared for action. The training has a variety of different workshops tailored to all skill levels, and is divided into three tracks: Campaign Organizing and Media, Climbing, and Technical Blockades.
Sign up now to get trained this weekend in the skills to help defend our homes.
In case you missed the breaking updates on our website and social media here is a quick recap of what we’ve done recently:
- We’ve successfully held the tree blockade for two entire weeks despite renewed levels of repression.
- Alejandro was arrested for defending a family farm and delaying Keystone XL construction for most of a day.
- Maggie was arrested for sitting on a 40-foot pole and blocking clear-cutting operations for two entire days.
- We watched as actress and activist Daryl Hannah got arrested with landowner Eleanor Fairchild while defending Fairchild Farms from Keystone XL.
- Shannon was re-arrested on a trumped up felony charges, adding “insult to injury.”
- Over 25+ organizations across North America signed onto a letter pledging their solidarity.
There’s so much happening and we don’t want you to miss out. Many people have already signed up to join the training this weekend.
Sign up now to reserve your spot at the Direct Action Training Camp before it fills up!
Registration is a donation based sliding scale from $25-60, and no one will be turned away. Once you sign up we’ll follow up with a logistics email detailing everything you need to know in addition to phone calls to answer any questions. We can’t wait to meet you all in person, if we haven’t already, as we continue to build together towards a world free of toxic tar sands.